To inquire about licensing, please use the Contact form.*
One Act Plays
Squirrels – Jim has been with the same company, processing the same reports, for so long that he has lost track of the years. But when budget cuts lead to layoffs, he is forced to come up with a backup plan, even though he never really had a plan to begin with. Jim soon realizes that it’s a dog-eat-dog, or rather, hawk-eat-squirrel environment that he no longer wants to be a part of – if he only knew what else to do.
[Comedy, 3M, 1F, 4 Squirrels, approximate run time – 45 minutes]
- Produced as part of It’s All Just An Act: Three One-Act Plays, Duke Theatre, South Lake Tahoe, CA (June 2018)
The Toilet Line – Ever since being stranded at the altar, Billy has been unlucky in love. But his luck is about to change, and fate has a pleasant surprise for him, as Billy discovers that it’s possible to find love anywhere – even in line for the portable toilets at an outdoor music festival.
[Comedy, 5M, 3F, approximate run time – 45 minutes]
Ten Minute Plays
A Beer – When all you need is just a beer.
- Produced as part of the Ten-Tucky Festival of Ten Minute Plays, Bard’s Town Theatre, Louisville, KY (September 2022)
- Produced as part of Home Brew Theatre, The Drama Workshop, Cincinnati, OH (June 2022)
Bo Jackson and Salisbury Steak – A “misunderstanding” leads to a long overdue lunch between father and son.
Geese – Sometimes it takes a gaggle of geese in your parking spot to put everything in perspective.
- Produced as part of Home Brew Theatre, The Drama Workshop, Cincinnati, OH (January 2023)
- Produced as part of the 2020 Snowdance® 16th Anniversary Comedy Festival, Over Our Head Players, Racine, WI (January – March 2020)
- Produced as part of the One Act Festival of New Works, M.T. Pockets Theatre, Morgantown, WV (February 2020) – Audience Choice Winner
- Produced as part of the Ten-Tucky Festival of Ten Minute Plays, Bard’s Town Theatre, Louisville, KY (September 2019)
Good Things – When a son visits his father in the hospital to console him after a bad fall, he soon discovers the unintended consequences of this visit when his father helps him to move on from a recent setback of his own.
- Produced as part of the Ten Minute Play Festival, Durango Arts Center, Durango, CO (October 2017)
- Produced as part of the 8×10 TheatreFest, Weathervane Playhouse, Akron, OH (July 2017)
Hydration – Does anyone really know how much sixty-four ounces is, and does having to drink that much water every day become a dating deal breaker?
Out on a Limb – Two bickering cats realize they must summon the courage to free themselves from a perilous situation.*
- Produced as part of the Kentucky New Play Series, Kentucky State Fair, Louisville, KY (August 2017)
PMA and the Beast – Positive Mental Attitude can be a great thing, but maybe not so helpful when encountering a beast in the woods on an existential camping trip.
- Produced as part of the Ten-Tucky Festival of Ten Minute Plays, Bard’s Town Theatre, Louisville, KY (September – October 2018) – Audience Choice Best Play
Possum – A possum stuck in the ductwork of their house leads a couple to examine the state of their relationship.
- Finalist, V-Minute Valentines Festival, Hey Playwright Podcast (February 2021)
Resisting – A chance encounter between an elderly man in failing health and a hapless criminal on the run leads to a common bond that helps each move on his separate way.
- Produced as part of the 8×10 TheatreFest, Weathervane Playhouse, Akron, OH (July 2019) – Audience Choice Winner
Rugby Girl – A free spirit and an uptight overachiever ponder being “twenty-five without a plan.”
Social Distancing – A couple tries to keep it together in the wake of a global pandemic, with one of them handling it better than the other, until they find the silver linings.
- Produced as part of Earworm Audio Theatre (November 2020)
Squirrels in a Knothole – Three foul-mouthed squirrels critique Corporate America while pondering the meaning of life.
- Produced as part of Strongbox in the Park: A Festival of Stage and Sound, Strongbox Theater, Memorial Park, East Rockaway, NY (July 22 – August 7, 2022)
- Produced as part of the Out on a Limb festival, Scripps Ranch Theatre, San Diego, CA (July 2019)
- Produced as part of the Festival of Shorts, B3 Theater, Phoenix, AZ (June 2019) – an Audience Favorite
- Produced as part of the Ten-Tucky Festival of Ten Minute Plays, Bard’s Town Theatre, Louisville, KY (September 2017)
- Produced as part of the Festival of Ten, The College at Brockport, State University of New York (February and March 2017) – Audience Choice Winner
The Pit – Two concert-goers experience an existential crisis in the mosh pit of a rock show.
Three Sides – A father and son reconnect over food.
- Produced as part of the One Act Play Festival, Artists’ Exchange, Theatre 82, Cranston, RI (July – August 2018)
- Produced as part of the One Act Festival of New Works, M.T. Pockets Theatre, Morgantown, WV (January 2017)
- Published in Fleas on the Dog, Issue 6 (May 2020)
Twenty-Four Tattoos – Empty nesters contemplate “chucking it all” to pursue the things they’ve always wanted to do.
- Produced as part of Lights Up, City Lights Theater Company, San Jose, CA (August 2022)
When I Get to Heaven – A simple home improvement project can lead to a test of faith and reveal deeper concerns, as two old friends discover while sitting in church on a Sunday morning, waiting for the service to begin.
- Staged reading as part of Reader’s Theatre, Theatre Southwest, Houston, TX (November 2018)
- Staged reading as part of We Love Short Shorts: A Festival of 10-Minute Plays, The Storefront Theatre, Waxhaw, NC (March 2018)
*Information on using Out on a Limb for a drama class may be found at Drama Notebook.